We are in the process of discerning a Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 Financial Peace University Class.
Financial Peace University is a nine-lesson, money-management class taught by America’s most trusted financial guru, Dave Ramsey. Dave and his teaching team will walk you through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, and much more.
Contact the church office if you are interested.
E-News Sign Up
If you would like to sign up for the church newsletter, please go to the www.grace4all.org/registration-forms/
Sign your Children and Youth into our Student Ministry Program on Sundays.
Worship on Sundays at 10 am and 6 pm
Join us on Wednesday Nights for:
6:00 pm – Meal
7:00 pm- Adult, Young Adult, Youth and Children Small Groups
October 21 – Holy Habits
October 28 – Calling
November 4 – Keep Your Eyes on Jesus
November 11 – Grand Re-opening! A New Start
November 18 – Thankful Beyond Measure
November 25 – Ready for Something Great
THIS SUNDAY at 10am-Never Go Back – A Life of Significance
A New Start
I hope that everyone used their bread to invite people to our church Grand Reopening this Sunday! I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone.
I usually use this space to give you an idea of where we are headed for the week – and today is no exception. However, I do want to keep a few elements of this week’s church a surprise! We will be discussing the history of this church, and the one constant throughout it all.
We are a church “start” in that we are reinventing ourselves to meet the mission of the Methodist church: To Make Disciples of Christ for the Transformation of the World.
That, and the recipe below are all of the clues I am giving you until Sunday. See you there!
SOURDOUGH STARTER RECIPE
1. Combine ¾ cup flour and ½ cup warm water in a glass or plastic container. Make sure the container can hold about 2 quarts, to avoid overflow.
2. Stir vigorously to incorporate air; cover with a breathable lid.
3. Leave in a warm place, 70-85°F, for 12-24 hours. Feeding every 12 hours will increase the rate at which your sourdough starter is multiplying its organisms; feeding every 24 hours will take a bit longer, but may be more sustainable depending on your time commitment.
4. At the 12 or 24 hour mark you may begin to see some bubbles, indicating that organisms are present. Repeat the feeding with ½ cup warm water and ¾ cup flour.
5. Stir vigorously, cover, and wait another 12-24 hours.
6. Repeat feedings every 12-24 hours by removing half of the starter before every feeding and discarding it. Feed with ½ cup warm water and ¾ cup flour.
7. After about 5-7 days the sourdough starter should have enough yeasts and bacteria to be used for baking.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Each Tuesday – Bible Study at 10am
- Each Wednesday – Fellowship Dinner at 6pm. Bring a friend!
- November 11th – Oak Grove Campus Grand Re-Opening!! Invite your friends, family, and neighbors!! Lunch will be served directly after worship. Everyone is invited!
- Be watching for the sign-up sheet for Salvation Army Bell Ringing coming next week.
PRAYERS, BLESSINGS, JOYS CONCERNS: Jan Elder, Elzine Jamison, Rita Hutchison, Pat Mansell
THE GRACE STATEMENT OF FAITH
It’s Not About Me,
It’s About God.
It’s Not About Us,
It’s About Them.
It’s Not About Here,
It’s About There.
It’s Not About My Needs,
It’s About Their Needs.
It’s Not About Now,
It’s About Eternity.