We are in the process of discerning a Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 Financial Peace University Class.
Financial Peace University is a nine-lesson, money-management class taught by America’s most trusted financial guru, Dave Ramsey. Dave and his teaching team will walk you through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, and much more.
Contact the church office if you are interested.
E-News Sign Up
If you would like to sign up for the church newsletter, please go to the www.grace4all.org/registration-forms/
Sign your Children and Youth into our Student Ministry Program on Sundays.
Worship on Sundays at 10 am and 6 pm
Join us on Wednesday Nights for:
6:00 pm – Meal
7:00 pm- Adult, Young Adult, Youth and Children Small Groups
- As I send this email, tonight’s (January 16th) Fellowship Dinner is still on. We are having lasagna and salad. The alternative choice is hotdogs.
- The UMW meeting scheduled for tomorrow, January 17th, is canceled due to inclement weather.
- As of now, Church is still on for Sunday. However, we will make the final decision on Saturday. We will post to Facebook, as well as sending an automated phone message and email. Please use your best judgment regarding traveling in the weather. We want everyone to be safe.
Here’s what’s happening at the Oak Grove Campus:
SERMON SERIES: 7 Messages from God
January 13 – Let There Be Light
January 20 – I AM
January 27 – The Lord is My Shepherd
February 3 – God with Us
February 10 – Love God and Neighbor
February 17 – God is Love
February 24 – Go Therefore
THIS SUNDAY at 10am –This week, we are on our second sermon in the series “Seven Messages From God.” Each week, we will be reflecting on some of the most powerful sayings in the Bible. Last week, it was “Let There Be Light.” This week, it is two simple words, “I am.”
The story of Moses and the burning bush has been told so often, it is arguably one of the top ten stories of the Bible. Ask someone the story, and chances are, they will know it, even today, 3,300 years later. In the United States, Hollywood has been remaking the story of Moses in perpetuity since 1923 (imagine the burning bush scene in black and white with no sound), and a quick internet search will show you at least ten Moses movies have been made since. You probably remember watching the story unfold every Easter since 1968, with Charlton Heston and the Ten Commandments.
Let us stop for a moment an imagine this. You see a burning bush, and you hear what we can assume to be a booming voice call out your name. How do you respond? Moses says, “Here I am!” Once he knows it is God, he obeys God (take off your sandals – he was on holy ground), and now, NOW he has fear. He is asked to bring the Israelites out of Egypt, and he has doubt that he is up to the task at hand. He ponders, “If they ask me who sent me, how should I respond?”
Is this a vague, or very specific response? You might think of it as being vague, but it is very specific. “I am” describes the eternal power and unchanging nature of God. You and I – we are changing constantly – even day by day. God is unchanging, a constant for us despite what the world throws at us. Our God today is the same God as in Moses’ time.
Are you looking for a constant in your life? Something reliable, faithful, trustworthy? Are you looking in the right place?
“I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” –Pastor Tracy
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Bible Study will resume February 5th at 10am
- Each Wednesday at 6pm—Join us for a delicious meal and a time of great fellowship. The annual Valentine’s dinner will be February 20th. If you are bringing 5 or more guests to this fun event please contact the office so we’ll have an estimated headcount over our usual attendance.
- Have you thought of your perfect “One Word” for 2019? If so, please share with us via email, social media or call/visit your church office.
- Please see the Student Ministry Sign-up sheets at the back of the sanctuary.
- If you need a year-end giving statement for taxes please contact Debbie at the Lee’s Summit campus office at 816-246-5764 or email Debbie at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have implemented a new phone messaging systems for important church information. If you’d like to be added to this new system, please make sure the church office has your current phone number. Call Jacquie at 690-3012.
BLESSINGS, JOYS CONCERNS: The Brady Family, The Todd Family, Lois Thompson
THE GRACE STATEMENT OF FAITH
It’s Not About Me, It’s About God.
It’s Not About Us, It’s About Them.
It’s Not About Here, It’s About There.
It’s Not About My Needs, It’s About Their Needs.
It’s Not About Now, It’s About Eternity.
Office and Campus Manager
Oak Grove Campus – Grace UMC
1501 S. Harding St. (PO Box 169)
Oak Grove, MO 64075
Mon – Thurs