Recommended Reading for Couples:
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Wild At Heart by John Eldredge
- Captivating by Stasi Eldredge
- When You Say I Do by H. Norman Wright
- Making Love Last a Lifetime by Adam Hamilton
- The Love Dare by Stephen and Alex Kendrick
Setting the Date and Space:
We are pleased you are considering Grace UMC for your wedding. As soon as you have chosen a tentative date, contact the church secretary to schedule. Following this initial interview, the secretary will: ask you to sign a wedding reservation form, receive your required security deposit ($500.00), reserve your date, and schedule any future meetings with the pastor. Our chapel seats 100 and our Sanctuary seats 486.
Deposits and Invoice:
A security deposit of $500.00 is required at the time of reservation. This is required to reserve and hold the wedding date.
Rehearsals and Set-up:
Set up of decorations or flowers will take place at the time of the rehearsal, or the day of wedding. Coordination of time of set up will be with the church office. Many organizations and church groups use the entire campus. Protection of wedding items is the wedding party’s responsibilities.
Decorations and Flowers:
Flowers and candles are to be furnished by the wedding party. Drip less Candles are to be used. Nails, tacks, tape, or other methods may not be used to fasten decorations to walls, woodwork, chairs, etc. Removal of wedding items and decorations should be taken care of by the wedding party or family. Dressing Rooms: The wedding party may dress in assigned rooms at the church. Clothing should be picked up immediately following the ceremony.
Flash photography will be allowed before and after the wedding ceremony. No flash photography is permitted during the ceremony. Videos may be taken from the side only so as not to interfere with the ceremony.
Sound System/Audio-Video/Lighting Equipment:
The church will provide a trained Tech for the operation of the sound system, AV system and lighting system for Sanctuary. The cost is $125.00.
All rules for the use of the building and facilities will be observed. Alcoholic beverages will not be allowed in the building or on church property at any time. No rice is permitted. We are a smoke free campus, which means no smoking inside or outside the buildings. Individuals using the church for a wedding will be responsible for any damage to the church building or equipment. Please note that Grace UMC is not liable for any injuries incurred while you are here.
$250.00 will be returned after the wedding if there is
– No extensive clean up or reset of the sanctuary or facilities
– No Alcohol and No Smoking policies were honored
- Grace will provide A/V leadership and light janitorial service
- There is no fee for “renting” the sanctuary or chapel
- Honorarium for the Pastor is at the discretion of the couple and family
- If you need a musician or require live music, please contact the church office.