ReStart coordinator: Dawn Wells
On the last Saturday of most months, our church graciously prepares and serves a meal to the people at ReStart in Kansas City, Missouri.
There are many ways you or your family can help:
- Donate money to buy groceries, by putting money in the reStart collection jar on the reStart table (at the back of the sanctuary).
- Donate specific grocery items. Check out the ReStart table (at the back of the sanctuary) for specific items that are needed. Have the items up at church by the specific Saturday.
- Cook specific items in your OWN home and have the items up at church by the specific Saturday.
- Come to church on the last Saturday of the month at around 10:00 am to help cook and prepare the food. No cooking experience is necessary; we can even put your children to work! This is a GREAT opportunity to meet other people from Grace and get involved!
- After the food is prepared, load up in the carpools and head down to reStart to help serve! We usually leave Grace at 3:30pm; we start actually serving at 4:30 pm, and we're usually back home by 6:30 pm.
This is a GREAT service project for families, youth, and children! Volunteers of ALL ages are welcome! After their first time of experiencing this project, most volunteers come back month after month, as the experience is SO rewarding!